Call for abstracts
Please read this page in full prior to submitting your abstract.
|Online submission for abstracts open
|Closing date for submission of abstracts
||Wednesday 26 July 2017
|Early bird registration closes
||1 September 2017
Participants wishing to present at the 2017 conference are invited to submit an abstract via the link below. Please read the submission instructions carefully before submitting your abstract. Authors will receive an automatic acknowledgement of the receipt of their abstract via email. Please note the closing date for submission of abstracts is Wednesday 26 July 2017.
If you have trouble uploading your abstract please ensure you are using an Explorer browser, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following format must be followed for all abstracts:
- Title - 12 point, bold typeface, Arial font, left aligned Leave one blank line (12 point)
- Authors - 10 point, Arial font, Surname, First name, Presenting author to be bold, affiliations numbered in superscript Leave one blank line (12 point)
- Affiliations - 10 point, Arial font, italics, affiliation, city, country Leave one blank line (12 point)
- Abstract text - 10 point, Arial font, left aligned, single spacing, maximum of 400 words
- Do not insert any tables or figures
- Do not include titles or degrees
- Check spelling and grammar. Submitted material will be published in the Meeting Handbook - the abstract should, therefore, contain no errors
- Standard scientific abbreviations may be used - non-standard abbreviations should be included in parenthesis after the first use of the full word
- Do not indent paragraphs
- Name the file with the first 8 characters from the surname of the first author (for example: wolf.doc)
- Present sufficient data to support conclusions - it is unsatisfactory to use statements such as "data will be presented" or "results will be discussed"
- Please ensure your abstract is saved as .doc file. No other formats can be accepted.
The decision to accept an abstract is at the discretion of the Programme Committee, which will be comprised of a consultant oncologist, a senior scientist, a member of the NZSO Executive and a chairperson appointed ex officio from the NZSO Executive. Further information concerning abstract assessment criteria will be published by the NZSO in due course. A condition of acceptance of the abstract is that at least one author or nominated presenter registers for the conference.
If you would like to download a Word abstract template please click here
If your abstract is accepted as an oral presentation you will be allocated a place in the plenary programme. You will be advised of your allocated presentation time at the time of abstract acceptance notification.
PHARMAC Young Researcher Award oral presentations
You can submit your oral presentation under the PHARMAC Young Researcher Award category provided you meet the award criteria. Candidates for the PHARMAC Young Researcher Award will be invited to deliver succinct presentations within a dedicated plenary session.
If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be required to produce a poster that will be displayed in the exhibition hall. The dimensions of the poster boards are 1.19m wide x 2.3m high. One poster will be allocated to each board. Please click here
for full poster guidelines.
Select posters that are deemed by the Programme Committee to be of high impact within clinical and biomedical categories will be chosen for discussion within the NZSO plenary. The presenting authors for these abstracts will be required to make an electronic copy of their poster available to the Programme Committee by 6 October and are expected to be available to discuss their findings within the plenary session.
Acceptance of abstracts
Authors will be advised of the outcome of abstract assessment from August 2017.
Publication of abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be posted on the conference website and published in the conference handbook.
All presenters must register to attend the conference and are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and registration expenses. Registration will be available from May 2017.
Presenters must be registered by Friday 1 September to guarantee a place in the programme. Presenters will be eligible for registration at the early bird rate.
For further information contact: